Saturday, June 7, 2014

Should I deviate from the court order?

Q:  My wife is the NCP with court ordered supervised visits using her friend as supervisor. This friend is also responsible for transporting the children to and from visits. I was informed via text by the supervisor that she had surgery on her foot and cannot drive to pick up the kids and that I should bring the kids to and from visits. What is the best practice in tis situation since we have begun custody hearings?

A:  David's Answer:  It depends on the reasons for the supervision & whether there is a mutually-acceptable substitute available at least until you can get back into court. If I were you, I'd inquire as to whether someone else is available to do the pick-up/drop-off. If no one else is available & you're unable/unwilling to do the pick-up/drop-off, then file an order to show cause & allow the Judge to rectify the issue. Call a Bronx Child Custody lawyer for more info.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment