You can write a will, which can serve to capture your intent as to who will take care of your children upon your demise. It's not binding, but nevertheless admissible as to your intentions. Your domestic partner would then need to file a custody case upon your demise, alleging your ex either neglected or abandoned the children. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (