You can withdraw your petition by sending a letter to the Court to that effect with a notation that a copy was sent to the mother as well. This should be sufficient, unless the mother files a counter-petition. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (