Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Can I move out of the state if the father loses visitation?

Q: mother have custody and father have visitation only. 

David’s answer: The answer to your question depends on where you intend to move. If you intend to move to southwest Conneticut, or northeastern New Jersey, such that the father will still be able to exercise his visitation, then I don't necessarily see a problem (so long as you notify him in advance of the move). If the move is going to be longer than about 40 miles from where you presently live, however, then you will need to seek court permission. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment