Tuesday, April 2, 2013

If i follow court orders until modified will the jusge make me still follol old order

Q:  I have an oop and court ordered sole custody. I moved 8 miles away. The bisitation order states nothing about me moving or informing him etc. The p/u and d/o have my old address. I put in a modification to move and am following the order by driving to my old address for the time being because my soon to be ex will not go to the new apartment and says he will put in a violation if i am mot there?. Will the judge say since i have been doing it i will have to continue to. Or will he tell my husband to stop with the baby revenge?

A:  David's Answer:  If it's 8 miles, I doubt the Judge will have an issue with it, so long as the father has a car. If he only has public transit, however, and it substantially increases his commute time, the Judge may direct a middle ground for the pick-up/drop-off.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment