Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Last time I was in court with my ex I was asked whether I have more depositions to complete. Her lawyer said she is done with

Q:  depositions and I said that I would like to depose her boss who is paying for her legal fees. I would like to notify her lawyer that I would like to depose Plaintiff's boss via skype since I live in LA. What is the procedure for letting her know this? Do I have to pay any fees in order to depose her boss? This is a divorce/child custody/ child support case. Thank you!

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to submit an application to the Court for court approval to take a third-party deposition. Generally such depositions are not allowed in Family Court custody cases. Speak to a NYC Child Custody lawyer for more info.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment