Sunday, August 3, 2014

Visitation question

Q: So my child mother and I were looking through a calendar and we both noticed something. I've never had my child on any given holiday because his mother wouldn't allow it (not even split birthdays). For the first time ever our visitation order allows me to have my child on Mother's Day and Father's Day my only two holidays in a year. My child mother is trying to threaten to take me to court or give up my holidays which is suppose to be on my visitation day. Am I obligated to not get my child on Mother's Day or Father's Day because those are my visitation days or should I pick up my child on those days since it is my court ordered visitation day.

A: David's Answer: Generally holidays trump "normally-scheduled" visitation days. Thus, whether those are "your days" versus "her days" will depend on a review of the order. Thus, you're best advised to schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full review & assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment