Lying to the police should not be okay, and I'd suggest to get a police report confirming the falsehoods he's made. Ultimately unless the police are willing to give you a report, a letter, an affidavit - something - it's probably not going to go too far in court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.