Saturday, May 24, 2014

Can I get visitation rights?

Q:  Ok I'm going to be honest I haven't been the best father, I don't visit my child because the child's mother and I agreed to give the grandmother temporary custody and she only allows me to visit him at her house but I'm very uncomfortable there. I also haven't been supporting him because I'm unemployed, but she said she want me on child support. Honestly I feel guilty. Is there a way I can get visitation when I can get my son and take him out for a few hours to take him to eat, or my family house, or just spend time together me and him because I'm not comfortable around his mother and her family. It's not fair my child doesn't know my part of the family. I'm unemployed but I'm looking for work and I don't use drugs or have felonies. Can I get rights to take him for a few hours?

A:  David's Answer:  You'd ultimately need to file a petition fir visitation. Depending on how long it's been since you've visited with the child, it's possible the Judge may want you to do some supervised visits at an agency to re-build the relationship you once had with your son. Call a Bronx Child Custody lawyer to schedule a consult for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment