Saturday, May 17, 2014

Potential custody case, please help.

Q:  Basically, my ex-girlfriend is expecting our first child and she is going to court to make up a whole load of stories about me to prevent me from getting access to my child. She is saying the following:

1. I will not be on the birth certificate, so I have no rights.
2. She is going to show courts evidence that we argued a lot.
3. Make out I am an unfit father.

Is there anything I can do? - I cannot afford an attorney and I am struggling to know what to do. Is there any way I can prevent this? - please offer me advice.

What action can I take?

A:  David's Answer:  You can't prevent her from filing a custody case, but what you can do is determine whether you wish to contest custody, or merely establish your visitation rights. Moreover, to counter allegations of unfitness, one would need to know the exact nature of the allegations to better strategize on a defense to same. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment