Saturday, May 17, 2014

Can't get Custody of Grandson after 2 years of court appearances. 2 ICPC approvals in GA and NYC to return child.

Q:  My grandson was taken by cps after my daughter became ill while visiting NYC. Attorney for child disputes everything and still wants the child put up for adoption. I have guardianship of his youngest brother here in Georgia. Have been flying to New York for court appearances with daughter and have exhausted funds to continue. Permanency hearing May 23rd in which the child' attorney is opposing me having custody....again. I was told if I don't re-file for custody after pulling the petition that the child will be put up for adoption.....I feel bullied and after 2 years I am broken emotionally and physically. How much proving has to be done to bring a child home? I live in Atlanta and he is in Georgia in foster care. I was told I would never be capable of filing for custody again.

A:  David's Answer:  Ultimately the Court will generally need to hold a trial on the custody issue. But to do that, you'll need an actual custody petition pending before the Court. What are the reason(s) the Attorney for the Child is objecting to your custody application? You're best advised to schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment