Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My daughters father gets visitation but I have some issues with the arrangement, what can I do?

Q:  He gets every other weekend and tuesdays and thursdays after school. He's supposed to drop her off at 7 with homework complete according to court documents but he's always late and hw never complete. I have to force to stay on weekends, even when she calls to pick her up. He lies and tells her he'll take her home and has her dressed and lets her sleep that way. SHe tells me he goes out at night sometimes with his gf and leaves her, her 10 old sis with his gf's 14 yr old son for a few hours. He leaves her in the car with her 10yr old sis when he goes in the supermarket. These are a few things, what can I do?

A:  David's Answer:  You should file a petition to modify the visitation order. Depending on how old the subject child is, she may be able to corroborate these incidents with her attorney (once assigned). Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment