Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Can I deny visitation?

Q:  I have full legal and physical custody of my daughter. My ex has visitation. This coming weekend is his and I said it was fine but then he told me he's taking her camping. My daughter has very bad allergies, even her doctor is against it. I told him this and he claims he won't go camping but its still his weekend. He's lied about not going places before and does exactly the opposite. I don't want to risk it and have my daughter get an asthma attack. He doesn't seem genuinely concerned about her health. What can I do?

A:  David's Answer:  No responsible attorney can advise you to violate a court order over a forum like this. If you feel there's a basis to do so, then you'll need to file an order to show cause & petition for modification of the order. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment