Saturday, July 12, 2014

What to do if my wife who gets supervised visits says the order has been amended but won't show proof? I can't get my Attorney.

Q:  On Friday attorneys in my custody case (my attorney, my wife's attorney, and the attorney for the children) conferenced with the court attorney to change the supervisor for my wife's visitation.I was told I need not be present so I didn't attend.Friday afternoon I sent a text asking my 18B for info on the conference.No response.Upon speaking to the supervisor Friday night I found out she is still the supervisor.So on Saturday when I took the children for the visit, my wife comes alone and says that the court stipulated that I can exchange the children with her.I asked her to produce the order and show proof.She then grabbed the kids got on the elevator and said I should call my lawyer.I considered calling NYPD but I didn't want to make a scene in front of the kids. She has a visit tomorrow

A:  David's Answer:  You're certainly in a pickle! The problem is that no attorney on this forum can responsibly tell you what to do, simply because we weren't at the conference & thus don't know what was said. You'll simply need to continue in your efforts to reach your lawyer - try e-mail or calling the cell instead of texting. Also try calling the attorney for the child. Call a Bronx Child Custody lawyer to schedule a consult for a 2d opinion.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment