Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What can I do if child mother is secretly moving.she ismoving away to the point visitation affected.

Q:  my childs mother is moving very soon.found that out thru a source. im not "supposed to know".not the first time that she withheld information regarding my daughter.what do I do first.the move is not out of state but the travel time will affect the current visitation order. wanted more time .but now this.

A:  David's Answer:  You should sent an immediate communication out to the mother stating your knowledge & objecting to the move. Ask that she confirm back to you that she's not moving. If she fails to within a week, file an order to show cause in Family Court asking that she be restrained from moving until a Judge can determine whether the move is in the child's best interests. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment