Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I have a 15 year old little brother who lives in Mississippi with my mom, can I bring him to NY legally if I get him in school?

Q:  My mother pulled him out of school about 4 to 5 years ago, saying she was going to home school him, which isn't the case, he works with my step father in construction. he's a very bright young man and I hate to see his potential being wasted. I want to bring him to NY to live with me and help him get into a school that will let him take his GED / college, he's more than capable.

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to file for custody in that state as MI is his home state for jurisdictional purposes. Thus, call a MI child custody lawyer to schedule a consult.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment