Saturday, January 24, 2015

If you're not married what rights does the father have towards the baby ? I want to break up with my boyfriend , he's no help

Q:  It takes me to nag for him to do something , he gets mad & grabs his leg or something when the baby cries & everytime I try telling him to leave (I'm still living with my mom saving up money to live on my own with my son) he gets physical & grabs me up & starts cursing me out then says he's gonna take me to court to have full custody. Can he do that ? I'm working, I wake up in the middle of the night to take care of him. I don't mind I love the baby more than anything & I know we will be better off without his father but I don't want the court granting him custody cause his mother would be taking care of my son when I could be raising my own baby.. He signed the birth certificate by the way, my son is 2months..

A:  David's Answer:  Whether you're married or not does not affect his rights to visitation - or to request custody. You should therefore strongly consider filing a petition for custody, child support as well as an order of protection. Call a NYC Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment