Saturday, January 10, 2015


Q:  My son's father took me to court for visitations. He is seeking joint custody as well.So far he was awarded visitation rights. I am my son's primary care taker. I am looking to relocate. I am curious if there's anyway I can move to NC from NY and ask that the case be moved out there in the mean time?What are my rights as the custodial parent?

A:  David's Answer:  If there's already an order emanating from NY, then generally you cannot move venue. As to whether you'll prevail in a relocation case depends on an assessment of numerous factors, including how involved the father is in the child's life as well as your reasons for relocating. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment