Thursday, January 30, 2014

Can I move to out state to live with my mother cuz I don't have no help here?

Q:  I want a better life for me and my kids so I want to know what's right for me and my kids.. Can you please help me. .

A:  David's Answer:  You are best advised to get a court order allowing the relocation. I strongly disagree with any opinion expressed saying that if you don't have a court order you're free to move even without the non-custodial parent's permission (or court order). I have been involved in too many cases in which the custodial parent did just that - and was ordered to return the children to New York at their expense. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody Attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment