Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Who to proceed

Q:  have established extra circumstantial circumstances ! Going back to court for full Custody/Visitation/Co Parent. How do we get a NPA Forensic eval???

A:  David's Answer:  If you're filing in Supreme (post-judgment in a divorce case), then you'd file an order to show cause for modification. If you're proceeding in Family Court, it's a petition for modification. The Forensic is generally appointed by the Court - they have their own list they work from. Thus, if you have someone in mind, you can suggest that person, but if it's going to be a court-appointment, that person must be on the court's list. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment