Sunday, January 26, 2014

What are the repercussions of relocating against a court order? What are my rights and what is the court process?

Q:  The father of 2 of my 4 children does not want me to relocate. However we have visitation and child support orders through the courts. We have been to court twice and have a third meeting with a referee and its been over 9 months now and we still haven't gone to trial. He doesn't want custody, just wants to be controlling and dictate my life. What can I do to make this process go faster or to help my case and be allowed to relocate?

A:  David's Answer:  It's hard to assess what exact steps you can take in your case, simply because there are many, many factors the court considers on a relocation case. Having a good lawyer at your side may help the process go faster, so if you don't have an attorney (or don't have a good one) - get one. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment