Saturday, March 8, 2014

Can i get my daughter back?

Q:  hello my name is Carmen i am not to familiar with the custody law and need help my 14 year old daughter currently lives with her dad without my permission since the last week of December 2013 she wants to come home now and he wont let her he lives in NYC. i live in reading pa what can i do to get my daughter back i nor him have custody of her we have never had to go to court because he was an absent parent in her life for 13 years now he does not want to let her come home please help.

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to file a custody petition. You may arguably have jurisdiction to file in PA, if the child was previously residing there for more than 6 months prior to her temporary move to NY. You'd be best advised to schedule a consultation appointment with both a PA & NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment of the situation.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment