Saturday, March 8, 2014

Should I continue the vistation

Q:  Theres a court order for vistation for my son father. In feb 27. My son father was very verbally abusing me causing my son to cry and get upset. He was aaggressive and I wanted to protect my son so I stated in public you are not taking my son like this. There is a order of protection partial. But my question is should I continue the vistation for this week march 6 the vistation is thursday-sunday afternoon. Police report was file the day it happen... I will like to appeal n get the order protection modify to where he has to meet me in the precinct


A:  David's Answer:  If there is a court order of visitation, then you must continue to do the visits unless the order of protection says otherwise (for instance, it includes the children & is a full stay away). Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment