Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I am in midst of a custody battle with my ex. She is trying to get physical custody and legal custody

Q:  In midst of our case. I just found out today from a friend that she has 16 year olds come to her house and smoke marijuana there and that she had my Children also smoke it. Moreover when my 8 year old was visiting with me she also mentioned this and that she took a puff from a bong. I am pro se and have no money for lawyers. How do i bring this up in court without having her lawyer throw it out? How do i childen from this unstable crazy woman?

A:  David's Answer:  I wouldn't sit on this information - you need to report it asap as this may be a form of child neglect. You should strongly consider filing an order to show cause with the Judge and/or reporting it to the Attorney for the Children. Get an affidavit from the friend. Also strongly consider asking the Judge to appoint you assigned counsel. Schedule a free consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment