Friday, September 26, 2014

I am a non custodial parent, i have been paying the child support, however I am not excersing the current visitation schedule as

Q: I have moved to different state , one day if I find out that the child is taken out of country without my knowledge will I be able to file for a custody modification and kidnap, my ex has the sole custody.

A: David's Answer: If by "taken out of the country," you mean just for vacation, then no. If you mean the mother permanently relocates the residence of the child to another country, then yes, you can certainly file a petition requesting that she return the child. However, you must do so in a timely manner as if you wait too long, the original issuing state may find it no longer has jurisdiction to enforce. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment