Sunday, September 21, 2014

What lawyer do I need?

Q: I'm a divorced female with 2 year old child. My ex and I share join legal custody. Side note, he is never around, and he is in national guards. I am trying to join the army myself, but my recruiter said I can't join, since I'm a single parent. I need to talk to a lawyer about signing away my legal rights to my mother for the time of my basic training and potential deployment. But I have no idea what kind of lawyer I need to talk to? Please give me some advice of what lawyer I need? Thank you.

A: David's Answer: You'd need to file for joint custody with primary physical residence to the grandmother. You'll need to specify that this would only be for the period of active deployment. However, you'll ultimately need to serve the father with the papers. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment