Merely because you're still married does not vacate your ability to file for custody. That said, if the child lives with the father overseas, you may have a jurisdictional issue, especially if the child's been residing overseas for more than 6 months. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (