You can do one of 2 things: (1) file a petition for sole custody, or (2) complete the DS-5525 form (available from the US State Dept.), which explains why the other parent is not signing the passport application. That said, the best course of action is to file the petition for sole custody. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (