Joint Custody presumes you & the father will have frequent & meaningful consultations regarding the child. Thus, your first step should be to raise your concern to the father. If he shuts you down, then capture your concerns in a follow-up letter with him. Then start keeping a paper-trail. This in & of itself won't provide a basis to modify joint custody, but if combined with several others instances of a failure to effectively communicate, it may eventually. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for more info.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (