Friday, September 6, 2013

I have physical custody of my children and i want to move to another state less than 50 miles can he prevent that?

Q: the father is saying he's going to stop me is that possible?

A: Assuming there are no prior orders or agreements entered in court, then you should file a custody petition. Whether he can ultimately prevent the move depends on alot of factors, such as his level of involvement with the children, payment of support, your reasons for the move, etc.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment