Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Moving out of state for a new job do I have to notify the court?

Q:  I'm also moving out of state in 30 days will that be a issue for the court if I move out of the state from the case? Since I'm no longer employed and the new job starts out of state but I have to complete a 30 day training course. Will I have to worry about a bench warrant being issued for none payment even though my court date is 3 months away? Please help

A:  David's Answer:  If you are the non-custodial parent, you're free to relocate. You may wish to petition to modify the visitation order in that event. As for child support, the court won't usually issue a warrant pending the court date, but if you're found in willful violation of the support order, the Magistrate may recommend your incarceration.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment