Wednesday, September 4, 2013

If I plan on moving, to either another state or country, can my ex petition me to stay in the area (town/city/state)?

Q:  She would be claiming this is for the children.

A:  David's Answer:  Visitation with the children cannot be forced, so the Judge cannot force you to remain close by the children (assuming, of course, you're the non-custodial parent). For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment