Saturday, September 28, 2013

What should a mother do legally?

Q:  The father of her daughter does not exercise his court ordered visitation rights. This is 100 percent his choice.

A:  David's Answer:  Just keep a paper-trail (via e-mails or letters to him) confirming he's not exercising his visitation. Ultimately if he shows a pattern of this you should consider filing a petition to modify the schedule so that you don't have to keep getting the child ready for a visit which doesn't ultimately happen. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney.  --  David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment