Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Should I have legal documents on to how children are picked up for visitation & communication?

Q:  The custodial parent does not want to meet half way for pick-up & drop -off of visitation. They believe, I moved out then I should come back to their house to get them. Can I get a legal document or petition stating we meet half way? Should I write up minute details, such as what was just stated and how frequently I am expected to speak with custodial parent for my own legal protection?

A:  David's Answer: Yes, you should file a petition for visitation in the Family Court. And yes, you should keep a paper-trail with the custodial parent. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment