Saturday, December 13, 2014

Can I prevent my sons father from taking him unsafe places during a visit?

Q:  My sons father has 6 hour visits. He brings our son to his fathers trailer where the roof is collapsing, they chain smoke inside, and they are hoarders. It's really very gross. My son comes home smelling awful and beyond that it has to be unsafe. Is there anything I can do or is it a lost cause?


A:  David's Answer:  The answer depends on more facts: is there an order in place? If yes, when it was done, was the father living in the same place? If not, then circumstances have changed & you should file a petition & request a CPS home study. What's the age of the child? You're also best advised to schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment