Saturday, December 13, 2014

What can I do?

Q:  My ex and I were married for 4 years, 1 daughter now 5 years old. He started being verbally abusive and then started being physically abusive (which he denies). We agreed on divorce but I was still living in the house, he abused me and I was able to call the cops but nothing was done due to un-visible bruises. I decided to leave NY, I had no one there to help me, they couldn't take him out the house because it is owned by family. I live in Hawaii now and he is threatening me with court so he can see her. Divorce is not final, he has a union lawyer. I need some encouraging words please.

A:  David's Answer:  You didn't say whether the child is living with you - or if not, who she's living with. You also didn't say whether you had express agreement of the father to relocate with the child (assuming you did so) or court permission. You're best advised to schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment