Monday, December 15, 2014

Hello. We are married, w 2 little children in NY. My husband is literally NEVER home and we are pretty much basically divorced,,

Question: (legally, totally married, but realistically, we are not functioning as a family at all for years) He NEVER takes care of our kids,, he has never even stayed home for weekends for a past year. I am a stay at home mom, who does everything at home and for kids,, I am super dedicated mother, 24/7/365. 

Now, he says he wants to move to CT,, near his parents' house in 6 months.. I do not want to,, as we are not even functioning as a family,, and we are (he is) totally broke w 20+ credit cards,, ,, and I have no support network in CT.. 

Legally,, if he wants to move,, and I do not want to,, there is nothing that I can do, and he can force us to move if he wants to? (He controls 100% of our finance,, and has NO involvement in kids' life, except for paying for the rent.) 

Thank u so much.

David's Answer: There is certainly something you can do, which is to file for divorce. Within the divorce, you can file for sole custody, as well as alimony & child support. There are strategic issues which you should start planning now, so it's best to meet with an attorney. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment