Thursday, December 18, 2014

I have sole legal custody of my child with his father having visitation if I agree to it I want to move out of state can I do so

Question: His father has not seen him in almost a year and Im looking to move out of state to give my son a better life and to take care of a sick family member

David's Answer: The best advice is that you need either the father's express written (& notarized) consent to the relocation, or you need to file a petition for court permission to relocate. I'd advice against relocating without doing 1 of these two as there's too much risk at stake (such as the Judge ordering you to return at your expense). -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment