Saturday, December 13, 2014

My ex nickle and diming visitation and making his own interpretations where it's ambiguous

Q:  I wanted to move to NYC from the suburbs, where my ex still lived. While I was given residential custody because the psych eval said he would not be able to handle daily upkeep of a child) he was given two out of three weekends. Plus a dinner visit every week plus a sleepover before my week. If I travel for work, which I have to do, he gets her. This has resulted in a lot of commuting for my daughter and he still fights with me for hours even when I want to take my daughter to visit her dying grandfather out of state on her time off from school. I dont think it's balanced. What are the chances of getting it remodified?


A:  David's Answer:  One would need to know many more facts to properly assess the case, for instance from what to what are you trying to modify the prior order, how old is the prior order, was it done pursuant to a written agreement or "mere" order of the court, how old is the child, etc. You're best advised to schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment