Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Can child call NCP on their own phone (even CP pays bill) while in CP custody?

Q:  I am CP of 5 year old. NCP has visitation by court order. Order states each parent to have reasonable access by phone to each parent...I opened up a phone line on my account because we both have OP's and was told that I was not allowed to have child call NCP from phone because of "uninterrupted parenting time" and that child could not call me from same phone while with NCP? Hours later NCP new girlfriend texts me harassing me...would third party involvement be enough to violate for OP?


A:  David's Answer:  First, I'm not sure who "told you" that child couldn't call NCP as same seems contradictory to the order allowing for phone access. How else would the NCP speak to the child over the phone if s/he can't call your house? In any event, of the OP contains a provision restricting third-party contact, then yes, presumptively the OP was violated via the text. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net

No comments:

Post a Comment