Wednesday, February 11, 2015

HELP with custody, Is there anything I can do??

Q:  I was married with a man and we had a baby together, she is 3yo and I divorced him almost 2 years ago. I am married with another man now for 8 months. He is a good man and provided for m and my daughter. A month ago there was an incident between my ex and my husband,my ex came home to visit the baby and started a fight (in our apartment) and my husband punched him. Police came and my ex lied and then the police took my husband to jail. We had to pay a fine and he is free now but he still has charges pending. Now my ex has a restriction order against my husband and brought me to court asking for our daughter full custody because my husband has "anger management" problems and is violent and that our daughter is in danger. I am lost and I dont know what to do :( I dont want to loose my baby

A:  David's Answer:  First, in any contested custody case you're well-advised to retain a lawyer sooner rather than later. You should consider filing a counter-petition for increased child support, especially if it hasn't been adjusted within the last 3 years. Obviously the sooner your husband's criminal case can be resolved (& in his favor), the better. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment