Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Visitation hearing..

Q:  I have a visitation hearing today, grandparents visitation with no established paternity.. im not able to make it to the courts due to the snow storm cancelled all flights i tried to call the courthouse no answers they never really answer , what can happen?

A:  David's Answer:  You're best advised to try faxing a letter under these circumstances - it may not be enough to get an adjournment, but it's better than nothing. The Court could proceed in your absence & issue an order on your default - you would then need to file a motion to vacate your default. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment