Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My ex wants to modify my visiting our for every other weekend, however I do work one day a weekend and as far Im aware she isnt

Q:  my ex wants to modify my visiting our for every other weekend, however I do work one day a weekend and as far Im aware she isnt. My fiance already takes care of day way more than she is even in titles to. She just wants to help out. My ex however takes advantage of that. I already do at least 2 sleepover and one whole day during the week and one whole day during the weekend. If she works on the weekends. If she wants to requre every other weekend then will my child support change because I would need to hire a babysitter? Please advise...


A:  David's Answer:   I'm not sure how having your visitation on alternate weekends would change your fiancé's ability to care for the child while you're at work. The overriding philosophy behind parental access is that the time should be for the parent - thus if the other parent is available to care for the child, s/he should do so, not your  fiancé or a babysitter. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net

No comments:

Post a Comment