Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How do i file a motion of continuance for temporary custody in bronx, ny

Q:  I was granted temporary custody of my grandchild who is 10 years of age, he has a lot of mental issues and needs to be re-evaluated

A:  David's Answer:  I'm not sure from this what you're looking for a continuance on - is a trial scheduled & you're looking to postpone it? If yes, then generally if he was already evaluated by a court-appointed forensic psychologist, then you're not entitled to put off a trial merely because you want another one done. That said, your method to try doing so would be an order to show cause. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment