Saturday, July 13, 2013

Can I go to court and get papers for my mom to sign over custody of my son back to me? she's to sick to sit in court all day

Q:  Can I go to court and get papers for my mom to sign over custody of my son back to me? she's to sick to sit in court all day

A:  David's Answer:  I assume from this that your mother is the grandmother of the child and was at one point given custody of your son via court order. Assuming this to be the case, then if there's been a change of circumstances, you may file the petition for modification yourself. If she's physically or medically unable to come to court on the return date of the petition (after you've duly had her served with the petition & have an affidavit of service), then get her to write a notarized letter to the court consenting to the change of custody. For a full assessment, you're best advised to schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody attorney.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment