Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Determining Sole legal Custody

Q: My son’s mother and I cannot come to an agreement with anything having to deal with my son . We have an open custody case and I know for a fact things won’t get better. I want to request sole legal custody. Is simply not being able to agree on major things, like which school he attends enough to grant one parent sole legal? How is Sole legal custody determined in court? I already have Temporary Residential Custody.


A: David's Answer: The Court considers many different factors, and if the child is already with you at the beginning of the case, that's also a factor the court will consider. But because this is a complicated analysis, you're best advised to schedule a sit-down consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment of your case.  --  David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment