Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My daughter's mother and family members refused court appointed visitation!

Q: I have court appointed weekly visitation with my daughter. Her mother along with family members refused to follow order. I have filed a petition in court and have been twice (no show by mom), each time the case have been postponed by clerk. I am now filing for physical custody and visitation. My daughter is now being taking care of by maternal grandmother who my daughter's mother left her with. They have created an unstable environment and I am very concern. I have not seen my daughter in several months. My daughter have lived in several different residence including mine and she is now 2.5 years. What rights do I have? How long does process take? What are my next steps? I cannot afford a lawyer!

A:  David's Answer:  You certainly have a right to petition for custody. How successful you'll be is the more important - and more complex - question. One cannot adequately assess that without knowing more of the background. Generally a custody case in the Bronx will take 1-2 years if a trial is necessitated. Moreover, if you cannot afford an attorney the Court has the ability to assign you a free attorney. In any event, if you would like a free consultation, call a Bronx Child Custody lawyer.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment