Just so I understand the situation - the custodial parent has relocated to North Carolina with the children, you're okay with that, but merely wish to establish (or re-establish) your visitation rights. Moreover, I'm assuming that despite you having a right to continue the proceedings in New York if you choose, for whatever reason you wish to consent to a transfer of the case to North Carolina. Correct? If that's the case, then you do NOT need a New York attorney - you'll need a North Carolina attorney to register the order in North Carolina, then move to modify same down there. That said, for a full assessment of the situation, you're encouraged to schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody attorney.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)