Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Forensic evaluation

Q:  I have a full custody. After nasty accusations from the other party the referee found no change in circumstances and child's lawyer was also ok with current arrangements. Still forensic evaluation was ordered and I have to pay for it??? Why I have to put my kid thru this? What can I do and what to expect?

A:  David's Answer:  Generally if there is a contested custody case requesting a switch of custody, forensics & a home study are ordered. If forensics are ordered, then the Court usually directs payment on a pro rata basis. That said, if the Referee indicated there does not seem to be a change of circumstances, then a formal motion to dismiss should be (or rather should have been) filed. For a full assessment, contact a NYC Child Custody attorney to schedule a consultation.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment