Saturday, July 27, 2013

Can a mother file for full custody and still receive child support?

Q:  My 7 year olds father assaulted me in front of our daughter and now I'm afraid (as she is afraid) of her own well being. I want to apply for full custody but I would like to know if she is still entitled to receive her support?

A:  David's Answer:  She is absolutely entitled to receive child support if you have custody, if that's what your question is. If you're talking about another form of support, you'd need to specify. In any event, you're best advised to schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment